Minoxidil Rogaine used to treat male-pattern baldness and hair loss
Generic Name: minoxidil
Brand Name: Rogaine
CAS Registry Number
Orange red crystal
Minoxidil is used for:
Regrowing hair in patients who have gradually thinning hair or
gradual hair loss on the top of the head.
Minoxidil foam (for men) is a vasodilator. Exactly how minoxidil
foam (for men) works to regrow scalp hair is not known. It may
dilate blood vessels in the scalp. This may improve hair follicle
function and stimulate scalp hair growth.
White to off-white crystal powder
White crystal powder
Residue on ignition
Loss on drying
Organic volatile impurities
Accord with usp34
Accord with usp34
Conclusion: The product conforms to usp34 standard
- If you have any questions about minoxidil foam (for men), please
talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Minoxidil foam (for men) is to be used only by the patient for whom
it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
How to use minoxidil foam (for men):
Use minoxidil foam (for men) as directed by your doctor. Check the
label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Minoxidil foam (for men) comes with an extra patient leaflet. Talk
to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Apply half a capful to the area of hair loss as directed.
- Do NOT apply to red, irritated, or inflamed skin.
- Minoxidil foam (for men) is only for use on the top of the head. Do
NOT apply to other parts of the body.
- Wash your hands after using minoxidil foam (for men).
- Use minoxidil foam (for men) on a regular schedule to get the most
benefit from it. Continue to use minoxidil foam (for men) even when
your hair begins to grow. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of minoxidil foam (for men), use it as soon as
possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed
dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2
doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how
to use minoxidil foam (for men).